We will be doing our final practice runs today, to getting ready to start giving cart rides Sat. the 23rd. Rides will most likely be done by noon because of the warmer temps. We will be shutting down for the day when the temps start to get above 62 degrees, depending also upon the humidity. Prices […]
Posts belonging to Category Dog Blogs'
WE ARE SO EXCITED. We have the cart. We have the USFS Special Use Permit, today we are getting our insurance. We plan on being in operation this coming Saturday. More details coming later today. Good morning weather predicted Sat. Sunday and Memorial Day.
Dogsled Express is now in process of obtaining an additional USFS Special Use Permit for Cart Rides only minutes from downtown Mount Shasta City. Our cart is being built this coming April and we will be shooting for late spring cart rides and full time cart rides coming this fall. Our cart will have a […]
Thank you so much for all the great tours we were able to put out during the last Holidays. It is such a shame to have so much business on the books and to have to call them back to tell them that all our expected snow came in the form of rains. NOAA is […]
I would like to say winter update, but I don’t know if we can call this winter. The unseasonably warm weather has us (myself and the dogs) in a state. The weather really doesn’t show much potential for snow up to Feb.10th and 11th. There is some moisture coming in before that but if we […]
This certainly is a strange weather pattern for the Mount Shasta area. We are hoping that the weather near the end of this month and the first week of Feb. will be a little cooler than predicted and we can get the snow we need to get back into operation. It seems that we are having […]
Do to ice and an extremely fast trail conditions Dogsled Express has shut down tours until our next measurable snows, which are predicted for mid-Jan. We here at Dogsled Express will never put your safety below the almighty dollar. Sure we like the business but the idea of either you, myself or our dogs getting hurt […]
The shortened trail (down from 8.3 miles to 5.2 miles) is in wonderful condition. prices have been reduced accordingly. These cold days have been great for our trail and I believe that they will hold up until Jan. 6th, when we are suppose to receive our next real snow accumulation. We do have openings between […]
Thanks to USFS we were able to grade of the remaining snow around the bar patches so we can get out to the good trail conditions. The trail is normally 8.3 miles and now is down to 5.1 miles so I have reduced the cost of the tours from $190 for two adults to $150. […]
Thank you everyone for all the interest in dogsled tours. Yes we are currently booked up thru the 29th of Dec. Because of the heavy rains we received a few days ago and the unseasonable warm temps the trail conditions are diminishing. I am hoping that the trail will hold up until this Weds, night […]