Ski Mount Shasta, Things To Do
WELCOME TO SHASTA MOUNTAIN COUNTRY – You may ask, “Why should I spend my winter vacation in the Shasta Mountain Area over other winter destinations?”
- Reasonable prices on lodging, dining, ski pass lift tickets, shops and entertainment compared to other popular destinations.
- Friendly folks of Siskiyou County: we are appreciative of your business. So often I hear, “I can’t believe how friendly everyone is!” From our trailhead to the local gas station, restaurants and lodges – the locals will serve your needs with a smile.
Some of our local activities:
- Mount Shasta Ski Park is just up the road a ¼ mile from the Dogsled Express Trailhead. Excellent snow conditions, lifts, numerous runs, food, beverages, and only 20 minutes from downtown Mount Shasta. www.skipark.com
- Nordic Skiing is down the road only 500 ft. from the Dogsled Express Trailhead. Enjoy numerous, regularly groomed trails with excellent views of Mount Shasta. www.mtshastanordic.org
- Snowmobiling – The Fun Factory offers snowmobile rentals on the north slope of Mount Shasta. www.snowcrest.net/funfactory
· Ice Skating – Shastice Park in Mount Shasta, rentals available. www.msrec.org/icerink
- Sliding- the best kids sliding hill in the north. Highway 89/Ski Park Highway
- Sight Seeing – diverse nature at it’s finest.
- Fishing – excellent lake and stream fishing
- Museums and Entertainment, numerous museums and live music clubs, and nightlife.
Excitement, fun, and memories await you!
And when your visit is over, you may find change in your pocket to plan for your next Siskiyou adventure.