To view video go to youtube.com “Dogsled Express ride”
It’s hard to describe a dogsled ride. Best comparison may be the calm before and after the storm. When you arrive the dogs
are relaxed while I prepare the sled, lines and harnesses. When the first dog is harnessed the excitement and noise starts up. By the time I place the last couple of dogs into position, the whole team is worked into a state that gives you the impression that they are almost out of control. They are jumping and jerking lines while the noise is at a shrill pitch. After you are comfortably settled into the sled and I unhook the tie-off lines, it instantly turns quiet. The power in front of you is obvious as you take off in a sprint with snow flying about. Soon the dogs settle down into smooth rhythm. Their beauty and strength combined with the majestic sights of Mt Shasta, Mt. Lassen and Castle Crags will thrill you and make you feel one with nature. At the trails end I encourage you to help in distribution of love, praise and snacks, while the dogs take it all in.
- Main Trailhead and parking is 1/4 mile south of the ski bowl off Ski Park Hwy. Only 11 miles off I-5 and approximately 30 minutes from the City of Mount Shasta and the historic town of McCloud.
- Reservations are recommended. The first ride of each day begins by 9 am.
- Arrival time for passengers is 30 minutes before your scheduled departure time to allow for safety procedures and the signing of a hazardous sports acknowledgement form.
- Please dress in layers. Snow attire recommended. Bring Hats, Gloves, Snowboots, Sunglasses, and Sunblock. No Tennis Shoes or Denim Jeans.
- Please go to the Dog Cart Rides Page for info on our dog cart rides.
We look forward to giving you a ride you’ll never forget.
Pat Campbell Owner / Operator / Musher
Dogsled Express Kennel – Rides & Racing
P. O. Box 452, Etna CA 96027